This past July 2016, we celebrated 11 years of business. What a rollercoaster ride it has been!
Here are 11 things we’ve learned:
- Owning our own business is both the most rewarding and the most exhausting thing we’ve ever done.
- Most people really have no idea what caterers do.
- No matter how many events we’ve done, or how prepared we are, every event has a curve ball and we have to be flexible and adapt.
- Cinnamon and curry powder are indeed interchangeable in homemade peach cobbler.
- A satisfied client is the best advertising.
- Encouragement (internal or external), prayer, and laughter are needed daily.
- At some point, you will forget plates.
- It doesn’t matter how big or how small your business is, nobody likes to pay taxes.
- Good food makes people happy.
- It is possible to work over 100 hours in one week and not die.
- When an event finally comes together, and your staff is doing everything right, and the Client is completely and totally happy with it all, it makes all the blood, sweat and tears worth it.
Cheers to 11 more!
– Eleni & Joelle